What is safeguarding?
At CAMHS, we take our safeguarding responsibilities really seriously. Safeguarding is what we do to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development
- Ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
- Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
“Everyone has a responsibility to keep children and young people safe”
If you are interested in our safeguarding children policy, you can download it here.
If someone is at immediate risk of danger
It is important to keep yourself and others safe. Call 999 and explain the situation, someone trained to help will talk you through this.
Are you worried that someone is being hurt?
It is important to let trained people from Children’s Services know about any worries you may have so that they can support you and others involved. You may wish to have someone help you with this or ring the helplines below.
Wolverhampton – call 01902 555392 or 552999 – or follow this guide
Sandwell – call 0121 5693100 – or follow this guide