TOP TIPS FOR GOOD MENTAL HEALTH
Just like in physical health, there are certain things that we can do to keep ourselves mentally fit and healthy. Here are just a few that you might like to try:
- Try not to bottle your feelings up: talk it over with someone that you can trust.
- Try to take regular exercise and eat a well-balanced diet: Looking after your body is important for your mental health too!
- Identify when you have a problem and seek help: you don’t have to go through the hard times alone.
- Build relationships: bonding with others can help us to feel supported and understood. You might want to try socializing with new people, or seeking comfort from pets – animals can be just as important as people!
- Know your limits: Challenge yourself, but don’t stretch yourself too far. If you set yourself goals, then make them realistic and achievable.
- Make time for yourself: Allow yourself the time to relax and do something that you really enjoy.
- Absorb yourself in the moment: Sometimes we can become so preoccupied with the things that have happened or are going to happen that we forget about the here and now. It can be helpful to remind yourself of the present and notice all of the things around you.